2.1 Bluetooth/Wifi/Joysticks Troubleshooting
Please make sure that the Dobot Magician has already cut off the power before connect or disconnect the external devices like bluetooth, wifi, joystick , IR detector, color detector and so on. Otherwise it can damage dobot magician to some extent. When stop dobot magician, only after the signal light turns to dark, the power is off.
Here the operating routine:
- plug in the bluetooth/wifi/joysticks/ir detector/color detector module first
- Power on dobot magician
- Buzzing 3 times (2 times for wifi module, 4 times for joysticks), which means the initialization has completed.
- Then control the dobot magician as usual
If fail to connect, please confirm:
1）check the module’s signal light, if it’s still dark, it may be caused by the module, please replace a new module;
2) if the module’s signal light is on, please check if there is any other bluetooth devices disturbed (especially when you’re on the exhibitions.)
3) if the module’s signal light is on, please check if the wifi and pc belong to the same router and if the login name and password are right.
4) if the module’s signal light is on, please check if the joystick can open.
5) if all of above is failed, please replace a new module or new dobot magician to test.
2.2 Signal Light Troubleshooting
After started Dobot Magician, if the signal light is red, please confirm:
- if the dobot magician limited;
- Return firmware for FPGA/MCU to test if there’s something wrong with the software
- Cut off the power, take off the big arm and small arm’s cover, check the wire and socket if connect properly.
- Cut off the power, take off the bottom case to replace the control panel to check if there’s something wrong with control panel.
Please note: when you’re using 3d printing function, red light means there’s something wrong when read the temperature of heating head, please confirm:
- reset dobot magician and reconnect with Repetier host software.
- Check if the the plug of thermosensitive resistor is loosened or the resistor is short-circuited or disconnected.
2.3 Big and Small Arm Troubleshooting
2.3.1 start dobot magician, if you found there is any robotic arm unable to lock while the small arm can be unlocked, please confirm:
- if the status signal light is off, please reburn FPGA/MCU firmware
- If the light is green, please make sure that if the motor wire of big and small arm as well as base panel is loosened or not
- If the light is on, while some of the motors can be unlocked, it probably caused by the driver module, please replace the motherboard of base panel.
- If the light is orange, all motors can be unlocked, please make sure that if the wire of 12V power charger is loosened, if there’s no problem with wiring, but can’t burn firmware successfully, please replace the motherboard.
2.3.2 start dobot magician, one of the arms can’t be locked, at the same time, the small arm can’t be unlocked, please confirm:
- if the status signal is off, please reburn FPGA/MCU firmware
- If the light is green, please check if the wiring of arms is loosened
- If the wiring is ok, it may be caused by the driver module of this arm’s main board, please replace main board.
2.4 Back to Zero Troubleshooting
Start dobot magician, click DobotStudio->Home to run Back to Zero. Normally, the base of robot will turn left to the end then back to the preset zero point, the included angle of small and big arm is 45 degree. If you have the following errors:
- the base turns to left always, continually hit the base, please replace the motherboard, if it’s still not working, it’s probably caused by damage of read head or code panel.
- Base turns to left, when it backs to zero point, the included angle of small and big arm becomes smaller and hit the base finally, please click DobotStudio to control base, big arm, small arm.
I: if it can be controlled successfully, please check if you ever changed the preset home point, if yes, please reset the home point to (250, 0, 0) to test again.
ii: if it can be controlled successfully, but the reading of small arm or big arm is abnormal, please check if the wiring is loosened.
iii: if fail to control, please take off the base cover to change mother board
2.5 Save and Display Points Troubleshooting
The repeatability of dobot magician is 0.2mm, cut off the power and then power on, the positioning is 1 mm. If there is error between save points and actually display, please follow the steps to enhance the precision:
- power on-> light turns to green for 30 seconds, when the sensor stays stable click Home -> after the back to zero completed, start to save points
- power on-> light turns to green for 30 seconds, when the sensor stays stable click Home -> after the back to zero completed, start to display points
2.6 Laser Engraving Troubleshooting
First time to use laser, if it can’t burn on paper, please confirm:
- check if the wiring is right
- Check if the laser is focused
- Check if the reflectivity of the paper or the material you used is too nigh
- If all of above is failed, please replace the laser head
2.7 Write and Draw Troubleshooting
DobotStudio can convert image to svg file to write and draw, while sometimes the writing looks not smooth or even stops for good. It’s always caused by too many noisy points, please follow up the steps to lower down the converting threshold value.
2.8 USB Driver Troubleshooting
When you’re using Windows OS to control Dobot Magician, after connected with USB, if you have following errors:
- Power on the dobot magician, the signal light is green, but turns to orange after plugin the USB, here you need to click the reset button in the base to turn it to green
- Connect the USB to PC, the green light turns to red, it might be caused by driver, here is the solution:
- if the PC OS is Win7 x 64 above, please stop the Digital Certificate, or skip it. Here is the way to stop it:
2) Revise the driver installation file
- Find the CH341SER.INF in the installation category
- Open it with notepad, find [CH341SER.NT.HW.AddReg]:
- According to the tips to make notes as follow:
- Uninstall the drivers with SETUP.EXE
- Reinstall the driver, done
2.9 Leapmotion Troubleshooting
Install the Driver first, it works for default motion sensing game, but it doesn’t when controls Dobot Magician, please confirm:
1) Check if the Leapmotion version is too low, it works above 2.3.1 version, download to upgrade version here: https://www.leapmotion.com/setup
2) If it’s still not working after upgraded and the leap motion icon in the PC right corner is black, press WIN+R and input services.msc, choose leap service and right click to reboot.
2.10 Air Pump Troubleshooting
- Check if there is any folder of air pip manually or any troubles with the gripper that result in freeze
- Generally speaking, the air pump can suck 0-200g objects, if it can’t make it, it may caused by air leakage, which mostly because the seal screws loosen and the suction power is too weak as follow:
Solution: screw up the above 3 screws, if it still doesn’t work, contact after-sales IT support to ask for replacement.