3D Printing Troubleshooting
Make sure that the PTFE tube and filament are installed to the bottom of the heating head as follow, otherwise, they’re some troubles in discharging.
Extruder installation as follows:
- 3.2 Fail to connect Repetier Host, Fail to control XYZ
After connected with Dobot Magician, the DobotStudio can’t control XYZ, please try:
Check the Printer Settings as follow:
Press reset to reconnect Dobot Magician
Resend M415 or press Key button to get coordinates
Reburn 3D printing firmware
- 3.3 Fail to open Slic3r Setting Window
1) download Repetier Host to install again: https://www.repetier.com/download-now/
2) download the latest version of Slic3r here: https://slic3r.org/, open the slices independently, then import to Repetier Host to print.
- 3.4 Dobot Magician freezes after the 3D Printing starts
With Repetier Host, the Dobot Magician starts to heat and slice, but when it starts to 3D Print the first layer, the jet freezes or pauses from time to time, which means it moves to the adjusting mode. Please find the confirm button in the right corner of the control panel, click it one or two times to exit the adjusting mode.
- 3.5 3D Printing Extruder doesn’t move
With Repetier Host, the Dobot Magician starts to heat and slice, but when to test the extruder, the motor doesn’t move.
1) please make sure the heating head temperature already reached 200 degrees, cause the extruder won’t start before the temperature reaches 180 degrees.
2) If the temperature reaches 200 degrees while it still doesn’t work, check the motor first. If the motor is broken it may be caused by defective motor or motherboard, please replace the Dobot Magician or motor to test.
- 3.6 Temperature Troubleshooting
After connected with Dobot Magician, generally speaking, the temperature should be the same with normal room temperature if it doesn’t start to heat. However, if it shows 270 to 350 degree or above, which means the thermistor short circuited because of improper installation as follow:
Solution: screw down the bolt, take out the thermistor, separate the pins, test the temperature, then put it back and screw up. In the same way, if it shows 0 degrees for good, please make sure that the Dobot Magician had already connected the Host successfully.
- 3.7 Extruder Nozzle Clogged
When you 3d print the first layer, make sure there is some space between extruder and heating bed, which helps filament sticks to the heating bed smoothly and extruder nozzle won’t be clogged.
If space is limited, it results in extruder nozzle clogged, the feeding gear of extruder clicks with big sound because of clogged extruder nozzle with resistance.
1) try to extrude the filament manually
Heat the extruder to 200 degrees, press strut, push the filament to the extruder, if the filament flows from the nozzle, it dredges.
2) Reinstall filament
If the filament still doesn’t move, after heated, pull the filament from the extruder, cut down the melt or damaged parts with tools. Reinstall the filament to test if it works.
3) Clean nozzle
If the filament still can’t extrude out, it’s necessary to take apart the heating head to clean nozzle.
Start to heat, plug to the heating head with iron wire or other tools to discharge the melted filament; after heated, take apart the heating head to clean one by one, then assemble it.
- 3.8 Tilt 3d printing object
If the 3d printing object is tilt, please switch to dobotfirmware and calibrate the Dobot Magician, then test again.
- 3.9 Fail to import the setting file
Import .ini setting file under attachment file, if you have following error ” The selected preset does not exist anymore”. It’s caused by failing to use Chinese file route with 3d Printing software, please install DobotStudio installation file move to English file and reopen to solve.